Saturday 23 July 2011

Good Things Come In Three

Getting the thrill of the byline


Three is rumoured to be the magic number so I'm hoping my two bits of good news this week are an omen of a third on its way.

The first bit of good news was a piece I wrote about the Borneo jungle for the Independent of Sunday got short listed for this year's Bradt Travel Writing Competition - Up The Creek.

And the second was a piece I wrote for The Guardian about Scarborough's surfing scene was published too.

Travel writing is a tough life choice, so getting national recognition makes it all worth while, even after all these years of doing it I still love the feeling of seeing the byline.

I'm just weighing up whether to wait for the third good thing to come along or to take the initiative and buy a lottery ticket - then the travel writing would get REALLY interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment